Do You Need a Hearing Test? – Interactive Quiz
Do you need a hearing test? If you are 18 to 64 years old, the following questions will help you determine if you need to have a hearing test by a health professional. Answer YES or NO.
- Do you sometimes feel embarrassed when you meet new people because you struggle to hear?
- Do you feel frustrated when talking to members of your family because you have difficulty hearing them?
- Do you have difficulty hearing or understanding co-workers, clients, or customers?
- Do you feel restricted or limited by a hearing problem?
- Do you have difficulty hearing when visiting friends, relatives, or neighbors?
- Do you have trouble hearing in the movies or in the theater?
- Does a hearing problem cause you to argue with family members?
- Do you have trouble hearing the TV or radio at levels that are loud enough for others?
- Do you feel that any difficulty with your hearing limits your personal life or social life?
- Do you have trouble hearing family or friends when you are together in a restaurant?
If you answered “yes” to three or more of these questions, you may want to see an otolaryngologist (an ear, nose, and throat specialist) or an hearing care professional for a hearing evaluation.
The HHIA test was modified for use with adults ages 18 to 64 from the original Hearing Handicap Inventory for the Elderly (HHIE), designed for use in adults aged 65 years and older. This test has been validated for consistency, test-retest reliability, and construct validity.
If you think you might have a hearing loss, call Schmidt’s Optical and Hearing™ today at 772-286-4327 and schedule your FREE comprehensive hearing evaluation with our Board Certified Hearing Aid Specialist.