Danish hearing aid pioneer Widex has recently announced a new generation of hearing aids, Widex MOMENT™. It offers the industry’s most natural hearing experience in the hearing industry. Using the latest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning with two ultra-fast signal pathways, WIDEX MOMENT™ has broken new ground by addressing one of the great unsolved challenges – no matter how good the sound, it still sounds like a hearing aid.
The ‘tinny’ and ‘artificial’ sound of hearing aids – which often prevents their adoption by those with hearing loss – is produced when sound processed in the hearing aid reaches the eardrum a split second later than the sound that travels directly through or around the hearing aid’s ear-tip. Widex is the first to eliminate that ‘out of sync’ sound for wearers with mild to moderate hearing loss, without sacrificing the trademark Widex natural sound – which already has the lowest time delay compared to competitors.
According to Lise Henningsen, Global Head of Audiology at Widex, this launch marks a fundamental shift for a general consumer public plagued by hearing loss at increasingly young ages.
“To lose your sense of hearing is to lose a fundamental part of yourself, often resulting in increased social isolation, subsequent depression, and cognitive decline,” stated Henningsen. “Though the traditional hearing aid has made tremendous strides in areas such as speech intelligibility, active noise cancellation, and more, a key frontier has been left uncharted – until today. WIDEX MOMENT doesn’t just allow you to hear better, it restores one’s sense of perfectly natural hearing, as you remember it before any loss occurred.”
Below are some of the hearing aid’s features:
- The WIDEX MOMENT platform achieves this perfected hearing experience by leveraging two distinct signal pathways. The ‘classic’ Widex signal pathway is paired with a second ultra-fast signal pathway that adds extra gearing to the platform.
- Widex ZeroDelay™ Accelerator reduces the processing delay between microphone and receiver to below 0.5 milliseconds. This enables the two sound signals to meet at virtually the same time in the eardrum. This eliminates the artificial sound quality and creates a more natural sound experience. This new sound experience is called Widex PureSound™.
- WIDEX MOMENT breaks new ground in the area of sound purity, but it doesn’t do so at the expense of other cutting-edge features. These include rechargeability and smart streaming – which offers robust connectivity to the devices one uses every day.
- WIDEX MOMENT boasts the smallest lithium-ion rechargeable RIC on the market. This ensures that no matter one’s lifestyle wearers will never miss a moment.
- WIDEX MOMENT also comes compatible with the SoundSense Learn smartphone app. This allows one to personalize one’s hearing experience and create hearing programs based on a wearer’s typical environments.
The app allows you to take an on-the-go, hyper-accurate test that measures data like how often you adjust the volume, which sound presets you use in various environments, and adjusts accordingly. It also shares this data directly and securely back to a hearing care professional to improve customization and tailor service.
“The future of hearing aids will be unlocked through the combination of perfectly natural sound with the latest in streaming, rechargeability, and customization – and that’s exactly what we’ve created with WIDEX MOMENT,” concluded Henningsen. “We’re breaking down the hearing aid stigma, across all generations, by equipping wearers with a way to experience one’s natural hearing, customized for any environment, while enabling connectivity with all of your favorite apps and devices. It’s a seminal moment for not just our hearing aid industry but for the technology industry, in general.”
WIDEX MOMENT is available in thirteen colors and six different styles.
If you would like to know more about the WIDEX MOMENTUM hearing device, call Schmidt’s Optical and Hearing™ at 772-286-4327 to schedule a free hearing evaluation with our Board Certified Hearing Aid Specialist.