When it comes to purchasing hearing aids, it’s important to know that not all hearing aids are the same. They come in different levels of technology to meet the needs of people of all lifestyles and budget. At Schmidt’s Optical and Hearing™ we carry hearing aids from all of the major hearing manufacturers, and we have them in stock. Our licensed Hearing Aid Specialist will help you determine what the best option for for you.
Technology levels can be classified in five different categories as follows:
- Ultimate – If you demand the most sophisticated technology without compromise, this technology would be the best for you. This level is for people who are very active who are often in crowds, at parties and loud restaurants, conventions, in the workplace, at meetings, outdoors and in large public places. These will automatically adapt to your environment in the most listening situations (Widex Unique 440 hearing aids adapt automatically in 9 different listening situations), especially when background noise is present. Speech and other sounds are audible even in wind, and music can be heard in crisp and clear detail.
- Premium – If you demand high standards of performance in everything you do, this technology would be appropriate for you. This level is for people who are more active but they aren’t in crowds, public places or loud restaurants as much as people who demand ultimate performance. These will automatically adapt to your environment in 5 different listening situations (Widex Unique 330 hearing aids).
- Advanced – If you demand good value, this technology might be right for you. This level is for people that are active and are occasionally in noisy situations. These will automatically adapt to your environment in 3 different listening situations (Widex Unique 220 hearing aids).
- Basic – If you are looking for a affordable more basic technology solution, this is the hearing aid for you. This level is for people that aren’t quite as active, and for people that are rarely in noisy environments. They will automatically adapt to your environment in different listening situations (Widex Unique 110).
- Essential – If you’re not very active and your goal is to hear people better in one on one conversations, television and on the telephone, these might be the hearing aids for you.
At Schmidt’s Optical and Hearing™ we strive to help everybody improve the quality of their lives through better hearing. The service we provide is second to none. Call us today at 772-286-4327 and schedule your FREE comprehensive hearing evaluation with our Board Certified Hearing Aid Specialist.