Stäfa, Switzerland, October 16, 2018 –Phonak, the world’s leading hearing aid provider, introduces Marvel – a revolutionary hearing aid family that combines the benefits of exceptional speech understanding and reduced listening effort in noise with the ability to stream all audio content seamlessly from iPhone, Android smartphone or billions of other Bluetooth enabled devices to both ears in stereo quality. Marvel hearing aids are rechargeable and empower consumers to benefit from remote real-time support via smart apps as well as real-time voice-to-text transcription of phone calls. The Phonak Audéo™ M will be the first Marvel hearing aid to feature this breakthrough technology.
- Clear, rich sound in any environment thanks to AutoSense OS™ 3.0 developed with artificial intelligence and providing a “Love at first sound” experience, namely:
- Exceptional sound quality from first fit
- Better speech understanding in noise
- Reduced listening effort
- Rich sound experience when streaming
- Wearers can stream any audio content, including music, eBooks, and more to both ears from any Bluetooth device
- Built-in microphones allow completely hands-free phone conversations from both iPhone and Android devices while the conversation is heard in both ears
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable option available for a full day of hearing including streaming on a single charge
- Smart apps enable remote fine-tuning and live voice-to-text phone transcriptions
In a recent study, the Phonak Audéo M was top-rated for quality of streaming media against five competitors. Due to its enhanced operating system, the Marvel has been proven to significantly improve speech understanding by 60% in noisy places like restaurants while simultaneously reducing the amount of effort by 19% required to listen and understand.
Stream from iOS, Android and billions of Bluetooth devices
The Android operating system accounts for 86% of all smartphones worldwide, yet until today, binaural (two-ear) streaming of phone calls, music, and other multimedia content directly to hearing aids has only been a reality for iPhone users, who only account for 13% of smartphone owners worldwide. Empowering all consumers regardless of the smartphone operating system has been a driving force behind Phonak. Audéo M is capable of direct audio streaming from virtually any smartphone around the world.
Continuing the rechargeable revolution
There are numerous benefits to not having to change tiny hearing aid batteries, not only for people with vision or dexterity challenges. In fact, rechargeable hearing aids are cited as the top feature most likely to attract potential first-time hearing aid wearers. In 2016, Phonak released the world’s first lithium-ion rechargeable hearing aids and set new standards for efficiency and convenience.
With Marvel hearing aids wearers can enjoy a full day of hearing – including streaming – on a single charge. The Audéo M rechargeable hearing aid turns on automatically when taken out of the charger. Integrated LED lights and a new mini charger provide the usability people expect.
Do you suspect that you may be experiencing hearing loss? Call Schmidt’s Optical and Hearing™ today at 772-286-4327 and schedule your FREE comprehensive hearing evaluation with our Board Certified Hearing Aid Specialist.