At Schmidt’s Optical and Hearing™ we recommend that everyone age 50 or older get tested by a licensed professional. People tend to go to their primary care physician, dentist and eye doctor on at least an annual basis, yet they don’t prioritize their ears. The important thing to understand is that there is a correlation between overall wellness and hearing wellness. Although you might not think that you are experiencing a loss, it usually happens so gradually that it’s difficult to know for sure. By getting tested annually you will be alerted to any changes that might occur so that you can address it early before it can negatively affect the quality of your life.
Hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the U.S., according to WebMD, however, it is also very treatable – and more successful when addressed early. If you suspect you have a loss, why not find out for sure? How can you tell?
- Do you sometimes feel embarrassed when you meet new people because you struggle to hear?
- Do you have trouble understanding women and children’s voices?
- Do you think that other people mumble?
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they say?
- Do you have difficulty when visiting friends, relatives, or neighbors?
- Do you have difficulty at the movies, in the theater, or over the telephone?
- Does a hearing problem cause you to argue with family members?
- Do you have trouble understanding the TV or radio at levels that are loud enough for others?
- Do you notice any difficulty hearing and understanding people in the presence of background noise?
- Do you have trouble hearing family or friends when you are together in a restaurant?
If you answered ‘yes’ to some of the questions above, you might have a hearing loss and we recommend that you get your hearing tested. At Schmidt’s Optical and Hearing™ we carry all levels of technology at a cost that fits your budget. Call us at 772-286-4327 (HEAR) to schedule your FREE complimentary test with our Board Certified Specialist.